Montenegro Citizenship-by-Investment Overview
The Montenegro Citizenship-by-Investment Program was launched by the Government of Montenegro as part of its ongoing efforts to attract foreign direct investment and increase economic activity in the country.
The Montenegro Citizenship-by-Investment Program requires applicants to make a defined economic contribution to Montenegrin society through an investment in an approved development project, and a capital contribution to a fund designated by the government for the advancement of under-developed areas. In exchange, and subject to a stringent vetting and due diligence process, including thorough background checks, applicants and their families are granted citizenship.
Benefits of Montenegrin citizenship
- Visa-free or visa-on-arrival access to 122 destinations including Europe’s Schengen Area, Russia, and Turkey
- Citizenship in a country that is an official EU candidate country
- Citizenship in a multinational and multilingual European community that enjoys a mild Mediterranean climate, beautiful scenery, and a low cost of living
- Citizenship in a member state of the European Monetary Union, the NATO Alliance, OSCE, and the WTO
- Full citizenship granted to the applicant and included family members
- Political and economic stability, underpinned by a business-oriented government