Moldova Citizenship-by-Investment Overview
Launched in the second half of 2018, the Moldova Citizenship-by-Investment (MCBI) program is being developed by the Government of Moldova in partnership with its service provider Henley & Partners and the Moldovan Investment Company (MIC). The MCBI program requires applicants to make a defined economic contribution to the country through the Public Investment Fund. In exchange, and subject to a stringent vetting and due diligence process, including thorough background checks, applicants and their families are granted citizenship.
Benefits of Moldova Citizenship
- Visa-free access to 122 destinations around the world, including Russia, Turkey, and the countries in Europe’s Schengen Area
- Citizenship in a European country with an open culture, a continental climate and a charming landscape
- A reasonable contribution amount and a highly efficient application process
- Full citizenship, with passport rights, for the applicant and included family members
- Dependent children up to 29 years of age and parents (of either the main applicant or the spouse) from 55 years of age can be included
- Citizenship transferable to future generations without restrictions and at no additional charge
- Citizenship in a member state of the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe, the World Trade Organization, and many more
- Citizenship in a state that has entered into an association agreement with the EU and is aiming to become a candidate country for EU membership
Moldova Citizenship-by-Investment Requirements
To qualify for citizenship, the main applicant must be over 18 years of age, meet the application requirements, and select one of the following three options available:
To qualify for citizenship, the main applicant must be over 18 years of age, meet the application requirements, and make the primary qualifying contribution:
- A minimum non-refundable contribution to the Public Investment Fund (PIF) of EUR 100,000 for a single applicant
Moldova has developed a four-tier due diligence system, which is considered the most thorough in the world.
Should you have any questions or if you would like a detailed break-down of the exact costs for your family, kindly contact us and we will be delighted to help.